2012 KTM 990 SMR
FUN FACTOR XXL
“R” means racing – and the 990 SM R is the super sport bike among the Supermotos. The 999cc LC8- V2 with 116 hp serves some extra thrust while delivering a remarkably smooth partial load response thanks to its sophisticated electronic fuel injection.
Only the finest components make it to the periphery of the SM R – components like radial Brembo Monoblock four-pot callipers on great 305mm discs, controlled by the state-of-the-art Bosch 9M+ ABS. Or the super sticky OEM Continental SportAttack tires.
Also, 48mm USD forks by WP and a rear shock from the same maker thrill with a razor sharp racing set-up as well as a highly sensitive response. Ingredients that just could not be better matched. Or simply the recipe for one of the most dynamic rides, not just in the Supermoto segment.
2012 KTM 990 SMR Features and Benefits
- Powerful LC8 4-stroke V-Twin, electronic Keihin fuel injection with two throttle valves, balancer shaft, hydraulic multi-disc wet clutch, 6-speed gearbox
- Max. output: 85 kW/116 hp, emissions: Euro 3
- State-of-the-art Bosch 9M+ ABS
- Rigid, powder coated, chrome-molybdenum steel trellis frame with black aluminium swingarm
- Fully adjustable, 48 mm WP upside-down forks
- Fully adjustable WP monoshock
- New aluminium wheels with Continental hypersport tires
- Radial Brembo monoblock four-pot front callipers on floating brake discs
- Complex KTM R graphics
- Even tighter entry-level pricing thanks to optimised component tuning