2012 Aprilia Dorosoduro 1200 Review
2012 Aprilia Dorosoduro 1200
Dorsoduro 1200 is the benchmark in the maxi motard class. The heart of the Dorsoduro 1200 is the Aprilia V2 1200cc 90° V-twin engine, which boasts the most advanced technology in the segment. Naturally, the Dorsoduro 1200 boasts class-beating technical solutions, too. The Dorsoduro is also available with ABS and Aprilia Traction Control (ATC), for total fun in total safety.
A TOTALLY PERSONALISABLE RIDING EXPERIENCE WITH TRIPLE-MAP RIDE BY WIRE. DORSODURO 1200 IS ALSO AVAILABLE WITH ABS AND ATC-APRILIA TRACTION CONTROL.
The most significant characteristics of the Aprilia Dorsoduro 1200 in detail:
Dorsoduro 1200 is a radical, outrageously agile and sporty bike.
THE 1200 cc V90 ENGINE: THE STATE OF THE ART IN TWIN CYLINDER TECHNOLOGY
Every internal element of the Dorsoduro 1200 has been designed to optimise power delivery and make full use of the incredible 130 hp unleashed by the engine at 8700 rpm. - 90° V-twin architecture;
- Triple map Ride by Wire technology (with Sport, Touring and Rain maps);
- Highly oversquare bore/stroke ratio;
- Offset cylinders for maximum lateral compactness;
- Four valves per cylinder;
- Double overhead camshafts driven by a mixed chain/gear valve timing system;
- Twin spark ignition for smooth but full-bore power delivery;
- Electronic fuel injection with dual throttle bodies;
- Stick-coils integrated in spark plug boots;
- Three-way catalytic converter with oxygen sensor;
- Hydraulically operated clutch.
Twin spark ignition also contributes to cleaner emissions, as well as ensuring totally smooth power delivery.
The electronic throttle management system used in the Aprilia Dorsoduro 1200 represents the current state of the art. This solution also ensures smoother, fuller power delivery at low and medium engine speeds, for optimised engine efficiency even in low load, partial throttle conditions.